Since starting our journey to get Gracie’s gut and skin issues better I’m often asked what we use and why, even more since documenting on Instagram and connecting with other families in similar situations as to our own. So I thought I would give an overview of what we currently use.
- Ancient Mineral Magnesium Bath Flakes – we use this almost every night, around 1/2 a cup of flakes. This is to assist with her chronic constipation.
- Weleda Calendula Cream – applied morning and night to moisturise her skin
- 1 drop of tea tree oil into the bath – helps get rid of the bacteria on the skin that eczema sufferers’ tend to have
- Probiotics – to support gut health
- Vitamin C – helps with softening bowel motions
- Magnesium – for muscle relaxation can aid constipation
- Vitamin D (in winter months) – support for the maintenance of healthy skeletal, cardiovascular and immune systems
- B12 spray – to support the nervous system
- Zinc drops – Zinc can improve frustration tolerance, boost the immune system and improve appetite
- Fish Oil – reduces inflammation/assists Eczema sufferers
As I mentioned, Gracie’s eczema has basically cleared up since eliminating the foods that had came up on her food intolerance testing and giving her these supplements. Her gut still isn’t 100% and she is still reliant on a small amount of laxative, but compared to what she started off on it’s nothing. My aim this year is to get her off the laxative completely and to reduce her supplement intake as much as we can. I also want to get her food intolerances re-tested and to then be able to slowly re-introduce more foods back into her diet.
Please note, this post is not intended as medical advice. If you have health concerns about your child please seek medical advice.