I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and a very Happy New Year! This year was slightly different for us, in the sense that three of us had to eat very differently than we did last year!
I find since we’ve been on this journey eating out, or in the company of others that eat “normally” can be extremely challenging. It’s even more difficult when you have a small child who gets upset when they can’t eat what everyone else is eating as they don’t understand why. Therefore our aim was for us all to eat as similarly as possible.
Anyhow here’s a recap:
- Gracie is 100% dairy free and is also basically gluten free, apart from when she has some spelt and rye. Also there are a whole load of other things she can’t eat at the moment.
- My mum has SIBO and has just finished her treatment, she is on an extremely restrictive diet – no dairy, gluten, soy, a lot of fruit and vegetables + too many other things to mention!
- Myself, I’m basically on a Paleo, low carb/low starch diet to assist with my insulin/thyroid issues.
We made a mixture of things to eat, with the below mainly catered for us to be able to eat.
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Lemony Roast Chicken (my sister makes the best chicken!)
- Corned Silverside
- Lamb Souvlaki sticks (best we’ve ever had from Souvlaki Boys)
- Porky Mix
- Leafy Green Salads
- Iraqi flat-breads ‘Laffa’ (recipe from Zahva)
- Raw Chocolate Treats
- Trail Mix
- Gingerbread biscuits
- Choco Brownies (recipe from Well Nourished)
- Tahini Shortbread
The majority of these recipes can be found within the recipe index of my website, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.