If your child suffers from eczema you’ve most likely tried in your despair A LOT of creams!!! I think I’ve tried and spent more money than I care to remember!
I don’t believe in using chemical laden products, over the past few years we’ve tried to transition to using chemical-free products and that includes what we put on our skin.
With so many different creams on the market it can be overwhelming, I’ve compiled my top three that I’ve personally tested on Gracie’s skin and recommend.
My top three eczema creams:
- Weleda Baby, Body Lotion Calendula
- Moo Goo Eczema and Psoriasis Cream
- Itchy Baby Co – natural oatmeal moisturiser with organic coconut
My top tips for caring for eczema and sensitive skin:
- If possible, wash your child every other day – water can be very drying (I know this is harder for older children)
- Add 1-2 tea tree oil drops in bath, helps to reduce bacteria that eczema sufferers typically have on their skin (test cautiously first)
- Bathe for no more than 10 minutes
- Moisturise within 2/3 minutes of coming out the bath to lock in the moisture on skin
- Winter months put a dehumidifier on in you child’s room as if you put the heating on etc, it can make the air very dry which can exacerbate things
- Avoid swimming in chlorine, before swimming apply a thick layer of cream to create a barrier. Shower immediately and apply moisturiser immediately (If you’re in Sydney, Australia check out Little Bay Swimming School)
How do you care for your child’s Eczema and what cream do you use?